Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Botanical Builders FUN!

On Sunday I had some guests at a Demo day to show off some of some of the newest products from the Occasions catalog. I really wanted to show something not quite ordinary- card- making to spark some ideas! We had a plan that has been lingering for awhile. One of my sisters is into making floral yard ornaments with metal. This flower from the Botanical Builder Framelits is a perfect candidate to try cutting in aluminum. I also think sometimes a card is a little masterpiece and would love to have them on display. 
From time to time I have taken classes from my Aunt Sharon on mixed media ...It was time to combine all of those things and create!
 I chose a small 4x6 canvas (I was so excited to try this out so...Mrs. Rush...That's Me....  didn't even take time to paint the canvas!) Next time I will add color and all the bells and whistles! I put it together just like a card applying the mats and embellishing.


I first tried to cut a piece of aluminum purchased at the craft store, that appeared too thick to get a real detailed cut. Then I remembered my Grandmother years ago had cut apart pop cans to crochet around them and make hats. Long time ago....for sure! So my younger sister Charlie (the flower maker) set out to cut up a pop can and cut the flower and leaves out on the Big Shot! Wow!... delicate and perfect!!! Maybe an aluminum pan would work too!
 The rest was easy! Paint the flowers and leaves with alcohol inks, let them dry and glue to the little masterpiece! Let me tell you, you will be seeing more of this on my blog! So fun! My guests were wowed and we plan another
date to workshop with the idea!!
My new FAVORITE set is The Botanical Builder Framlits Bundle!!!! Be sure to contact me or go to my webpage to order yours...clicking on the product pictures below will take you directly to my on line store!
 
Here is the product list I used to have some fun... and you can toooo!
Thanks for stopping by...
BE SURE TO CHECKOUT THE NEW WEEKLY DEALS AT THE TOP OF MY BLOG!



3 comments:

Darlene K said...

Very cool, may have to try this!!

Nancy Hess Now and Forever Creating said...

We will at our girls weekend for sure!

Nancy Hess Now and Forever Creating said...

We will at our girls weekend for sure!